Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A story of a life


When you get to be my age, you discover that life holds more endings than beginnings. I am in the process of another ending.
My cousin David Bugbee (my mother's nephew) has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. On Sunday, Rick and I went out to Buffalo to see the family. David's sister Sylvia was there with her daughter Shereen. I've not seen them in years. David's daughters, Sheila and Luanne flew home from where they live in Alaska. The last time I saw those girls, they were just little tykes. David's wife, Bonnie, is as beautiful as the day he married her.
We were brought together because of David's illness. This makes me wonder how we can get so wrapped up in our own lives, that we just think those we love, who are far away, will always be there. Life has a way of reminding us that our time on this earth is temporary.
I guess my theme today is, let the folks you love know that you love them. No matter how far away they live, or how long it's been since you've spoken to them. Call, e-mail, send a card.....times passes too fast. To my family, I love each and every one of you!

1 comment:

  1. You really hit the nail on the head with these comments. Life passes much more quickly when we get older- too quickly. I find myself becoming much more forgiving of life- it is what it is. My mother once told me to embrace it and make it your own. It makes it so much easier to deal with. I love my life and wouldn't change a thing except to maybe try a little harder to let the people I care about, and maybe even the strangers that I encounter, know exactly how I feel. And, I will begin with you, my dear cousin- I love you, too.

    ReplyDelete