Thursday, July 11, 2019

I'm a Mom??

To all of you moms out there, do you remember the day your first born came into the world? (No offense to the dads in the audience!) Remember thinking "I can't wait to see my toes again"? "I can't wait to wear normal clothes again"? "I can't wait to sleep on my stomach again!" Or any of the other "I can't waits" that may have been your mantra.
I remember that day vividly.  I'm sure most moms do.  It's the day that changes your life forever.
Today is the day, many, many years ago, that I stepped on to the motherhood train. The day that I set off on my greatest adventure.
Mind you, I have six amazing children.  Some I brought into the world, others I was blessed with. But the first one you carry, the first one you witness this miracle with, holds an important place in your life.
Your first born is the "trial run".  Regardless of how many people share all of their tips and tricks, you're clueless!  Should I do this? Should I do that?  Your brain is full of do's and don't.  And you're exhausted.  Sleep deprived. And so afraid that you will fail at being the mother that this tiny human being requires.
Fast forward 38 years. (Where in heaven did THAT time go???)
You're watching that little boy, all grown now, marry the love of his life.  You're sitting there, listening to these two beautiful children pledge their lives to each other.
All the while, your brain is remembering so many moments in his life.  First words, first steps.  First stitches to first heartbreaks.
And your heart is overflowing with love.
This baby, this little boy, this amazing man, stands before you. For he is all those things.
Today we celebrate his birthday.  I celebrate his birth, and all the moments since that day.
I couldn't have asked for a better "trial run".  Thank you Matt, for being you.

No comments:

Post a Comment