Thursday, March 18, 2010

Interesting projects


With the weather turning nicer (at least for a few more days!), it's getting easier and easier to come up with projects to do outside. Some are given to me by nature and others will satisfy my more creative side.
Nature gave me more strawberry plants. Runners that had cascaded over the side of the planters last year managed to grow all the way down to my lily plants. As I was cleaning around the lilies today, I discovered quite a few strawberry plants! So now, beside moving the rosebushes that the lilies were squeezing out, I need to re-pot the baby berry plants!
My more creative project is to build a cob oven. What it a cob oven, you ask? It's a wood fired outdoor oven. I've used these over the years (or ovens like them) and love the flavor of food that comes out of them. It's the same theory as using a beehive oven (which is built inside a home, right next to the hearth). It shouldn't take too long to make and the list of "ingredients" to make it is very straightforward. If it works, I'll post pictures throughout its creation. Then I can show off what I've baked in it! Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment